Broccoli "Spaghetti} and Meatballs
For the meatballs:
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef (or ground chicken or turkey)
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs (get whole wheat if you can)
- 1 organic egg
- 1 tsp. steak seasoning ( I use this kind)
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- pepper to taste
For the "Spaghetti":
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 12 oz. bag of broccoli slaw
- 14. oz (can or box) of diced tomatoes
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine meatball ingredients and form into small meatballs. Set aside.
In a large cast iron skillet (or oven proof skillet) add olive oil. Heat to medium high heat and add onions and slaw. Cook until onions are translucent and slaw has softened. Add diced tomatoes.
Carefully place meatballs in skillet so that they do not touch. Place in oven.
Cook for 25 minutes or until meatballs are fully cooked.
Another wonderful alternative for Spaghetti is my Spaghetti Pie made with spaghetti squash. It is just as delicious and a huge hit around my house!