Clean Eating Carrot Coconut Muffins
adapted from: Savory Lotus
- 2 cups almond meal or almond flour
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- pinch of ground clove
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 tbsp. ginger (grated)
- 1 cup carrots (grated)
- 2/3 cup organic raisins (soaked for 5-10 minutes in warm water)
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 organic eggs
- 1/2 cup organic maple syrup or honey
- organic whipped topping **Optional (I like truwhip or House Whip)
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine almond meal, salt, baking soda, allspice, clove and coconut flakes in medium bowl. Stir until combined. In another medium bowl, add the remaining ingredients. Stir until combined and add wet ingredients to the dry, stirring until well combined.
Divide into muffin tin sprayed with coconut/olive oil spray or lined with baking cups.
Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Top with whipped topping if desired! :)
Eat warm or refrigerate in air tight container. I like mine cold right out of the fridge!