Clean Eating Crock Pot Chili
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 2 small green peppers (or 1 medium) chopped
- olive oil spray
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 (15 oz.) cans organic pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 (15 oz.) can organic black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste (I like to freeze the leftover paste in a ziplock freezer bag and just grab a chunk when needed)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp. chili powder
Add chopped onions and green peppers to medium sized pan, sprayed with olive oil spray, and cook until onions are translucent and peppers are soft. Add ground beef, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper and saute until beef is thoroughly cooked and no longer pink.
Add beef mixture to crock pot. Add in remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
Before serving....taste and add more salt if needed.
**Optional toppings: plain Greek yogurt, organic shredded cheese, organic tortilla chips, diced green onions.