Clean Eating Spaghetti Pie
- 2-3 pound spaghetti squash (cooked and strings removed) **See notes
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese (I used part skim)
- 1 organic egg
- 1/2 tsp. italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1-1 1/2 (24 oz) jars of organic pasta sauce (I used Bertolli Organic Basil and Garlic) **I used 1 1/2 jars and it was pretty saucy and we liked it that way....if you want a little less sauce...just use 1 jar**
- 1 cup organic shredded mozzarella cheese
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine spaghetti squash, ricotta, egg, salt and italian seasoning in a medium bowl and stir until combined. Set aside.
Add ground beef, onion, garlic powder and salt and pepper to medium non-stick skillet and cook until meat is no longer pink. Add pasta sauce and allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
Spray a 9 inch pie pan with non-stick spray and add spaghetti squash mixture. Top with sauce. Sprinkle cheese evenly over the top.
Bake for 30 minutes. Remove and serve warm.
*****How to cook a spaghetti squash:
I like cooking mine whole to prevent having to kill myself trying to cut the squash in half!! So just clean the squash, poke a few holes in it and microwave it or bake it until tender.
Microwave: 12-20 minutes depending on the size of your squash. Allow to sit for 5 minutes afterwards to finish the steaming process.
Bake at 375 for about an hour.