Who doesn't love pasta salad? It used to always be my go to for side dishes. I can tell you that when I started "eating clean" the thought of giving up "white" pasta made me cringe. I loved it. I thought there would be no way I could give that up....BUT I DID! Don't miss it! Of course they now make some delicious whole grain or sprouted grain pastas that you could always use to make some delicious pasta dishes but I rarely even do that. Sometimes it is hard for me to practice portion control with large pasta dishes! That is why I SO love Trader Joe's Harvest Blend. It is way more than just your average pasta. It is quinoa, cous cous, garbanzo beans and orzo. You get a nice serving of fiber and protein with this delicious grain blend. I love using this for my new clean eating pasta salads.
Broccoli and Tomato Harvest Grain Salad
- 1 1/4 Trader Joes Harvest Grain Blend **Could sub with quinoa or cous cous or a blend of the two)
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 pint organic cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1 cup broccoli (cooked and chopped)
- 1/2 medium onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or just regular EVOO and juice of 1/2 lemon)
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 drops Liquid Stevia
- 3 slices Nitrate Free Bacon (crumbled) *optional
Cook harvest blend and water following the instructions on the package. In a large bowl, combine the dressing ingredients and whisk until combined. Add tomatoes, broccoli and onion to dressing and stir well. Add harvest blend mix once fully cooked. Stir until everything is covered with dressing. Top with crumbled bacon if desired.
If you like this you will also love my Greek Harvest Grain Salad!