Carrots are ridiculously good for you and I very rarely eat them but grated in this muffin, you barely know they are there!! This is one easy way to get carrots in my kids too! Plus they remind me of carrot cake.....one of my favorite desserts! SCORE!!
Carrot Cake Oatmeal Muffins
Makes 15 muffins
- 2 medium carrots (grated)
- 2 medium bananas (mashed)
- 3 cups oats (any kind will do)
- 1 cup milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix thoroughly. Spoon into a muffin tin sprayed with olive oil/coconut oil spray or lined with parchment baking cups.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Store in refrigerator in airtight container.