I'm excited to share this recipe with you guys. It is my go-to salad. I almost always have the ingredients in my house. It is the perfect side dish or you could always add some grilled chicken to the top to make it a meal. It takes me no time to prepare it.
Apple and Onion Spinach Salad
serves 2 (You could easily double this recipe or divide it in half in 2 mason jars)
- 2.5 oz. baby spinach
- 1 gala apple (chopped) **golden delicious is also wonderful in this salad
- 1/2 small red onion (sliced very thin)
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar (I use the Organic Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar)
- 1/2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 packet Stevia or 2-4 drops of Liquid Stevia or 1 tsp. honey **Adjust this depending on your taste
In a medium bowl, add dressing ingredients and whisk to combine. Add chopped onion and apples. Stir to combine. Add spinach. Do not mix up until you are ready to eat or the spinach will be soggy!
Just before serving, toss the salad to incorporate dressing throughout.
**If making in a mason jar, divide dressing between 2 mason jars. Add apples and onions to each jar. Add the spinach on top. Store in refrigerator. Just give it a good shake right before you are ready to eat! :)
YUMM! There you have it! Simple and delicious!! Feel free to add additional toppings if you desire! :)