I promise not to bombard you guys with pregnancy posts but I know that I some of you are curious to how things have been going and what I have been up to the last 13 weeks! We are SO excited about this pregnancy. I have always wanted 3 kids. I feel incredibly blessed. :)
I am officially entering into the 2nd trimester and I can't even begin to tell you the relief that I feel. It is always scary for me during the first trimester! It is so nice that everyone knows now too! I am terrible at keeping a secret!
The reason that my recipe posts have been pretty non-existent for January is because I have been SO SICK!! Oh my...I don't remember being this sick EVER with my other babies! This one has been a doozy! I am happy to say that I am starting to feel a little relief from the nausea...although the heartburn has picked up where the nausea left off!!
I thought it would be fun to share with you guys my MUST-HAVES for the first trimester!
1. Honest tea Peach White Tea: Ya'll know how much I love water and usually drink close to a gallon...right?? Well the minute I hit the 6 week mark...water was repulsive to me. I couldn't drink it or anything. Everything made me more nauseous! I knew that I had to drink something and Honest tea was the one thing that I could stomach. I loved the Peach White Tea. It had a very small amount of caffeine and it wasn't too sweet. Definitely hit the spot!
2. Peppermint candies: Hard candy seemed to help me with all the nausea I felt. Peppermint candies helped the most. I still eat these from time to time when I feel nauseous. Oh and I am aware of the ingredient list and it makes me cringe. The first trimester I was in survival mode.
3. Prenatal Vitamins: This is kind of a must! I have never really had issues or increased nausea with taking vitamins. I always take them at night.
4. What to Expect App: When I first found out I was pregnant...I downloaded a bunch of pregnancy apps and this one is one of my favorites. It is very informative. I like to KNOW what is going on with my body...ya know? I also like to know if all of these crazy symptoms that I am having are normal or not! HA!
5. Prenatal DHA: This is something recommended by my doc. I quickly bought these as soon as I had my positive pregnancy test. This one has no fishy aftertaste or anything weird!
6. Pretzel Crisps: I am not proud of this either but I am just being real! I didn't really want the typical saltine cracker to ease my queasiness....pretzel crisps always did the trick. Once again...the ingredients are less than impressive but they did seem to help!
7. Sprout App: Sprout is also one of my favorite apps! It has a real life photo of your growing and changing baby. Pretty cool to see. It is also very informative!
8. Chick-fil-a Sunflower Seed Bagel: Please....do not judge me too harshly! This was my ONE craving. It hit me at about 10:00 at night....I wanted one so bad! Of course I was out of luck but I did enjoy a few of these for breakfast in the past 6 weeks and man.....they are good!
9. Whole Fruit Bars: I knew I wasn't adequately hydrated so popsicles were my way of getting in a little extra water! These are actually really good and I had to fight my kids for them! They are addictive!
10. REST: This was pretty much a necessity. I didn't work out...I couldn't. I could barely hold my eyes open all day and make sure my other babies were fed and played with adequately! I pretty much stayed glued to my favorite chair with my favorite blanket any opportunity that I could get!
DISCLOSURE: Some of my posts contain affiliate links. The cost of the product is the same but I may receive a small compensation through the links. Don't worry...I would never recommend anything that I don't 100% love and use myself!