Healthy Black Eyed Pea Dip
- 2 (15 oz.) cans black eyed peas (rinsed and drained)
- 1 large tomato (diced)
- 1 medium red pepper (finely chopped)
- 1/2 medium red onion (finely diced)
- 2 tbsp. green onion (diced)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2-1 whole jalapeno (seeds removed and minced)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Stevia packet
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine the first 7 ingredients in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together vinegar and oil. Add stevia and salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Pour over dip. Stir well. Cover and refrigerate for at least a couple hours.
Serve as a side dish or with tortilla chips for a delicious appetizer!! A crowd pleaser....for sure!