Clean Eating Roasted Turkey Breast
adapted from: Barefoot Contessa
- 5-6 lb. turkey breast (thawed in the refrigerator for 24-48 hours)
- 1 1/2 tbsp. garlic (chopped)
- 2 tbsp. Herbs de Provence
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice ( fresh squeezed or organic)
- 14.5 oz. chicken broth (organic or msg free/low sodium)
Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
Mix garlic, herbs, oil, salt, pepper and lemon juice in small bowl. Place turkey on a roasting pan skin side up. Make a pocket underneath the skin and rub half of the herb mixture under the skin of the turkey. Use the other half of the mixture to rub all over the top of the skin. Pour chicken broth in the bottom of the roasting pan.
Bake for 1 3/4 to 2 hours or until thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the breast reaches 165 degrees. Cover with aluminum foil for 15-20 minutes. Slice and serve with the pan juices.