Clean Eating Steel Cut Oatmeal
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp. steel cut oats
- 1 tbsp. oat bran (or an additional tbsp. of steel cut oats)
- 1/3 cup organic egg whites
- 1/2 banana (roughly mashed)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract (or maple extract)
- dash of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (any milk will do)
Add in egg whites slowly while stirring constantly. Next, add in mashed banana, vanilla, milk and a dash of cinnamon. Cook on low for another 10 minutes until oats are thick and creamy!
Remove from heat and scoop in bowl. Allow to cool and top with desired toppings.
My favorite toppings are:- All natural crunchy peanut butter and a honey drizzle
-Almond butter and organic strawberry preserves
-Organic raisins and a drizzle of maple syrup
-Diced peaches and a dollop of vanilla Greek yogurt