Tips for Dining out at a Mexican Restaurant:
- Don't go to the restaurant in starvation mode!! Eat a small snack before you leave or on the way including a large glass of water before you even get to the restaurant!
- Skip the chips!!! I know it sounds crazy and if you just MUST...portion out a few and stick with that!
- Salsa, salsa verde and fresh guacamole are all great condiments....say no to cheese dip, tons of added cheese and full fat sour cream!!
- Chicken, fish and vegetarian options are usually your best bet!
- Skip the rice on the side and get a salad or grilled veggies.
- No fried foods! Skip the chimichangas!
- Try fajitas with lettuce wraps! Add some fresh salsa and guacamole and you have an awesome meal without a ton of fat! You can even ask that they cook your fajitas light on the oil. Most recipes are happy accommodate!
- Skip the margarita and get a light beer instead. A vodka soda is also a great option with lots of fresh lime juice!!
My favorite Mexican Recipes to make at home:
Wow...I am really hungry now!! I think I will be cooking dinner tonight at home but the question is....which one of these delicious dishes will I make???
So tell me.....
What are you making to celebrate Cinco de Mayo tonight??