Beef and Onion Quiche with Spaghetti Squash Crust
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (about 2 pounds)
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 large red onion (sliced)
- 1/2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp. honey
- salt and pepper
- 7 organic eggs
- 2 tsp. steak seasoning **divided (I used Weber brand)
- olive oil cooking spray
First, cook your spaghetti squash.
- Cut your spaghetti squash in half length wise and place cut side down on baking sheet. Roast at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until a fork can pierce the skin easily. When done, scoop out seeds and use a fork to remove strings from the spaghetti squash. Allow to cool. Decrease your oven temp to 350 degrees.
Next prepare your ground beef:
Add ground beef to medium skillet. Season with 1 tsp. garlic powder and 1 tsp. steak seasoning. Saute until completely cooked through. Set aside.
Caramelize the onions:
Add onions to the same skillet that you cooked the beef in. Add sliced onions, salt and pepper to taste, coconut oil and honey. Cook on medium heat until translucent and starting to turn golden brown. Set aside.
Now it is time to assemble:
Place spaghetti squash in the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate that has been sprayed with olive oil spray. Squeeze out any excess water in the squash before you press into pie plate. Continue pressing until an even layer covers the bottom of the plate. Season with salt and pepper.
Now for the eggs:
Crack 7 eggs into a medium bowl and whisk. Add in 1 tsp. steak seasoning and stir until incorporated. Pour over spaghetti squash.
Add hamburger meat and onions and spread evenly.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until quiche is completely set.
Serve warm! ENJOY!!
**For a yummy variation: Use 2 tbsp. pesto in place of the steak seasoning.
***Wanna add a little cheese...go ahead! Add 1/2 cup organic cheese in the egg mixture. SO good!